Well hey! It's Friday already. This week has flown by because it's kind of only been a half week for us. Both Jesse and I started straight back into work - no rest for the wicked! ;)
But let me tell you about what we've been loving and doing recently...
Recent re-kindled love; Coffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Oh how I missed my coffee machine - and my favourite mug (which you can get here or here). I had instant coffee sachets whilst we were away but they're just not the same as my coffee machine or freshly ground coffee. Heaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.
Recent obsession; Caramel, Almond and Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond KIND Bars. Heeeellloooo heaven. These are the perfect sweet treat - crunchy, chewy, sweet, slightly salty and just allover delicious. Australia needs KIND bars, stat.
Recent laughs; We always love reading the InSky catalogues when we're traveling. On our American Eagle flight from Alexandria to Dallas we found some pretty good buys - Skeleton Gnomes, a Combi Tent, a bookshelf table and even a voice activated R2-D2
Recent treat; One day whilst in Louisiana, Jesse and I were bored so we went "shopping" at the local dollar general. We ended up picking up a bunch of different candy to bring home and these Slo-Pokes were one of the three gluten free candies I bought home. They're seriously good and I can't remember the last time I ate chewy caramels!
Recent drink of choice; Water, water and more water. I don't know if it's jetlag or my iron levels are low again but I've been feeling really dehydrated so I've been drinking copious amounts of water. This drinking jar was a bit of a joke pick up on our dollar general shopping trip but I'm actually loving it because it holds so much! Now my joke gift turned success is making me feel like a hipster though.... haha.
Recent deliciousness; Yesterday I'd ran out of gluten free bread so I threw together a random salad for lunch. Holyyyyy yum! Ham, grilled haloumi, avocado, cos lettuce and cucumbers were thrown into the mix along with some Trader Joe's plantain chips (which are seriously good - post iron infusion I've gone from a chip hater to a chip lover thanks to my tastes changing)
Recent baking; Yesterday I promised my lovely husband a batch of Secretly Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies and of course I delivered. They're ridiculously good - even though this batch was slightly undercooked as I was rushing to get back to work things (but we happen to like undercooked doughy cookies anyway!)
Missed out on a post lately? Here's what you might have missed!
- Secretly Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - they're low fat, lower sugar, gluten free and seriously easy and delicious.
- Our traveling nightmare - being up for 36 something hours is not pretty, let me tell you!
- A lazy second day in Louisiana
- Preparing for the 4th of July and a trip to the Hunting Store - our verrrrrrrrrrrry Southern first couple of days in Louisiana
- Grillin' Out on the 4th of July - Jesse and I got his whole family together and cooked up a storm on the 4th of July
- Our very Southern Church Experience and Being Fools in Walmart - when the church service starts with God Bless America you know you're in America and when everyone's in cowboy boots you're definitely in the South
- Our Adventurous Day at Lake Valentine - and the first time I ever got behind the wheel of a car - eek!
- Baton Rouge Exploring, Shooting Arrows and Shop, Shop, Shopping - our trip to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, shooting arrows and exploring veggie patches at Jesse's Pawpaws and shopping up a storm in Louisiana.
- A trip to the Farmer's Market and our last days in Louisiana
But tell me, what have you been up to recently?
What are your favourite recent eats/adventures/reads/loves?