Last night we had a (belated) Thanksgiving Dinner at home. There was so much delicious food and there is so much Jesse and I have to be thankful for.
We're thankful for;
Our family and friends, who would give the shirts off their backs for us and who bring us so much joy.
Our church, which allows us to share the Good News with so many people on a weekly basis and that encourages us to grow and share our faith.
Our God, who is inexplicably awesome.
This blog, which has given us so many incredible opportunities and so many amazing friends around the world.
You, who read the blog and take the time to connect with us and share your stories and try our recipes.
The beautiful country we live in together after so much time being apart.
Great food and the joy it brings!
We have so much more that we're thankful for, but I don't want to blab on all day and bore you to tears.
But now for what you really want to know, right? The food details!
On our Thanksgiving table was;
- Freshly sliced smoked ham off the bone A Christmas tradition for us which Jesse has fallen in love with and couldn't pass up at Thanksgiving (so that he can have it two times in a year, ha :P)
- Roasted chicken We didn't do turkey this year as we're limited on oven space and my Mama makes a mean roast chicken!
- Lightened Up Baked Mac and CheeseTopped with Ritz crackers kind of how Jesse's sister does it, minus the pre-soak in butter before sprinkling them on top
- Lightened Up Green Bean Casserole
Which Katrina tells me I need to share the recipe for as she thought it was awesome - and here I was thinking it would be a total fail as I'd never made or tried it before
- Oven Baked Cornbread Dressing
Cornbread stuffing/dressing made with celery, onions and seasoning and then baked in the oven
- My Mum's Pumpkin, Feta and Pinenut Salad
Which is always a huge hit
- Steamed Carrots, Green Beans and Asparagus
Which Kristy dominated because she has no self control when it comes to vegetables :P
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic and Fresh Herbs
- Freshly Baked Dinner Rolls
- Our Healthy Pumpkin Pie
Plus mini gluten free pies made with our Healthy Gluten Free Pastry Recipe!
- Our Healthier Snowball Cookies
Which have become a family fave!
- Our Healthier Soft Ginger Cookies
Katrina's fave and one of my favourite Christmas cookies!
We also switched on our Christmas Lights last night for the season and we've added even more lights so I cannot wait to share an updated pic with you!
But tell me, if you celebrate Thanksgiving, how did you celebrate this year?
If you don't celebrate thanksgiving, what is your favourite dish to bring along (or eat!) at a dinner party?
I'm always a dessert girl and love to bring along a sweet treat!