I have to apologise for being a little distant from the blog over the past couple of weeks. You see, things are craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy busy in the SIL world and I've hardly had a chance to sit down and relax - let alone work on recipes or put together a blog post.
My to-do list is a mile long and I'm in and out of the door like a yo-yo - but you know what that means?
Girl needs snacks.
Actually, I always need snacks, but lately I've needed portable ones so each time I've had a spare moment to myself I've been whipping up a bunch of protein muffins to freeze for a quick and easy snack option.
But when a girl in need of protein packed snacks also loves her coffee, you combine the two and get the most delicious Coffee Protein Muffin Recipe - and that's what I'm sharing with you today!
They're soft, moist, delicious and full of coffee flavour whilst also being jam packed with protein. Each muffin has around 8g of protein whilst being low carb, refined sugar free, flourless/grain free (even paleo, if you use a paleo protein powder!) and gluten free and each muffin clocks in at around 125 calories so they're the perfect snack or dessert option.
But enough yapping, right? You came here for the recipe, right?!
So let me share the recipe with you! >>
Coffee Protein Muffins makes 8 or 1 small cake
gluten free, grain free, paleo option, refined sugar free, low fat, low carb
1 cup (100g) almond meal/almond flour
1/4 cup/1 scoop protein powder *see notes
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup (60g) plain greek yogurt (fat free/low fat/full fat all work!)
1/4 cup milk of your choice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 shot coffee, brewed
2-2 tbsp maple syrup **see notes
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/355F
- Grease and/or line your muffin tins and set aside. We highly recommend using silicone muffin tins to stop sticking but be sure to lightly grease them as well as it makes it easier to get your muffins out!
- Combine all of your ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, mixing until all ingredients are incorporated and your mixture is smooth.
- Pour your muffin mix into your muffin tins, filling each well 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on the depth of your muffin tins and leave to cool completely before carefully removing your muffins from the tin.
- These muffin will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge, however, we prefer them kept in the fridge! You can also freeze them in airtight ziplock bags where they'll keep for months.
- *You can use your favourite protein powder. We used this unflavoured protein powder from iHerb. If you're wanting these to be paleo, be sure to use a paleo protein powder.
- **If you're using a sweetened protein powder, you may want to use only 2 tbsp maple syrup.
But tell me, what are your favourite on the go snacks at the moment?
And are you currently feeling super busy or are you just going with the flow?