One thing that I think is super important in life is to always be yourself. You see, we live in a world which tries to fit us into a specific box, however, I think the world we live in should make us want to embrace our own individuality. I mean, when there's over 7 billion other people out there in the world, why would you want to be just like them? Why wouldn't you want to be someone who stands out in a good way.
So, in an effort to stand out in a good way, I thought we should embrace our YOUniqueness and I thought I'd share 20 random facts that make me unique - and I'd love for you to share your own as well! If you're a blogger, feel free to nab this idea and use it on your own blog (I'd love if you could link to this post too so I can share your post!) or if you're a reader, share some things that make you unique in the comments below!
- Whilst I'm a businesswoman and can put on my professional hat, I'm also someone who doesn't like to take herself too seriously. Jesse calls this my "gooberness". I'm someone who loves to laugh, loves to be silly and doesn't care if she looks like a goofball in the process :P
- I have a really bad habit of saying "no worries" a lot. I mean seriously.... I catch myself saying it all the time and I don't know where it started.
- Whenever I walk into somewhere where my friends are I have a habit of saying, in a funny sing song voice, helll-oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I do it when I walk into the church for Mainly Music or Ignite and my Ignite kids have started to mimic it :P
- I annoy Jesse all the time by flexing my "muscles". Because my right arm has so much nerve damage I actually have some seriously impressive muscle because the tiniest movement is a workout for that arm :P I'm actually really disappointed that I didn't properly flex my arm in the photo below :P
- I have a habit of singing songs randomly out of the blue when I'm at home. Either someone will say a word that I link with a song or I'm just really bored and come out with the most obscure songs from the depths of my brain.
After Mainly Music on a Wednesday I constantly catch myself singing Mainly Music songs even though they drive me absolutely mental :P
- Jesse will never kiss me after he's eaten gluten (unless he's brushed his teeth) as for the first six months after I was diagnosed as a coeliac, I was getting sick anytime Jesse was here despite eating completely gluten free and we couldn't figure out why until Jesse put 2 and 2 together and realised he was the one glutening me!
- I'm horribly competitive and a serious perfectionist. If I try a new skill, I have to be really good at it or I get annoyed - and if I'm playing a game/doing anything that could involve any degree of competition I have to win. I don't throw a fit when I lose, but I'll then over analyse why I lost and keep wanting to try it again and again until I win :P
I even tried to "win" my eye test until I realised I actually needed to stop treating it like a game and realise that I'm actually half blind :P
- In winter I pretty much always have a beanie or knitted headband on my head at all times.... sometimes even when I'm sleeping because I absolutely cannot deal with the cold. I know I live in Australia and it's hardly cold here but I can't even deal with our mild winters :P
- I have an absolute phobia of birds. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'm petrified of birds. Katrina has two budgies and when they get out of the cage I go into full on panic mode; my head tucked under a blanket or my shirt, heart palpations, cold sweats - the lot. Once her bird got out of the cage and flew straight out at me and I reacted by crying hysterically and hyperventilating to the point where Mum couldn't figure out if I was laughing or crying :P I don't know why I'm scared of birds - I just know that I am!
- I love puns.
- I have two middle names; Irene and Sarah. Why? Because my parents wanted my initials to spell KISS!
- I love babies and kids and they tend to love me back. Jesse calls me a kid magnet and it's kind of true. For some reason, ever since I was really young, kids have always flocked to me and I can have a kid calling me their best friend in just a few hours. I don't really have to do anything to make it happen and I don't know why it happens - kids are just naturally attracted to me.
- I'm addicted to Netflix. Jesse and I have a habit of binge watching TV series. First Supernatural then Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, Dexter, Salem, Helix and now Lost.
- I have a stationery obsession. I have a million and one notebooks that are colour coded and filled with recipe ideas for the blog. I also know exactly which colour/pattern notebook contains what sort of recipes. For example, I have a blue notebook that says "Super Awesome" on the front and that's filled with high protein recipes, a purple geometric print notebook that's filled with savoury recipes, a rainbow notebook filled with grain free/paleo recipes, a zebra notebook filled with oatmeal recipes etcetc.
- If I'm at home (and don't have meetings/appointments etc to go to) you'll probably find me in either;
a) Workout clothes
b) A onesie (if it's nighttime and winter)
c) A knit headband
d) Fluffy socks
Or all of the above, really.
- I can't start my day without a cup of tea or my bible. Every morning I grab my gigantasaurus mug of tea, my bible and my breakfast and plop myself on the couch to start my morning.
- I don't know how to relax. Even on my "days off" I have to do at least one thing that's significantly productive or I get really antsy.
- I ugly cry like a little kid. I'm talking hiccupping, gasping for air crying when I'm really upset - and I'm the type of person who cries over the stupidest things when she's at home.
- Whilst I can cry a lot, most of the time that's because I don't know how to get angry. If I'm really frustrated with something, instead of getting mad like most people I just sob... :P
- I'm allergic to pretty much everything under the sun (except the sun which I love very much :P) including medications which tend to always have either the opposite effect on me or I react to them violently. Jesse on the other hand can eat whatever he wants and the only thing he's ever reacted to are malaria tablets which we took once before going to Bali and then decided to risk malaria instead as Jesse was sicker than sick!
They say opposites attract, right?!
But tell me, what's a random fact about you that people might not know?
And what's one thing that makes you unique?
Be sure to leave a comment below - otherwise I'm just a goober rambling away to herself ;)