Why hello there! I've just come back from a date with a vampire and pretty much inhaled my breakfast on the way home (fasted blood tests are NOT my friend, girl needs FOOOOD) but I wanted to pop in and share all the things that have been happening recently!
Here's what's been happening in our world recently! >>
Recently Forgotten: Well, some couples celebrate monthly anniversaries (which technically aren't ANNIversaries as anni = annus = year) but Jesse and I? Well we forget actual anniversaries... well, except our wedding anniversary.
It's probably because we're not big on gifts but this past week was our engagement anniversary which we totally forgot about... until family and facebook reminded us, ha!
So yeah, we've now been;
Together for 8 years
Engaged for 4 years
Married for 2 1/2 years
And yes, that meant we were pretty much babies
Recent Reader Creations: I loveeeee hearing what you guys think of our recipe and this week the lovely Claire made my Healthy Vegan Banana Blondies Recipe and Jen made my Healthy Salted Caramel Raw Bites Recipe.
Recent Deliciousness: I knew that this week was going to be a busy one so on Sunday I decided to whip up a batch of our Mini Sweet Potato and Feta Frittata Recipe for quick and easy meals and snacks during the week. Um, hello best idea ever. I forgot how good these are!
Recent Realisation: It's now officially winter. The week started off rainy and miserable but luckily the sun peeked its way through yesterday and the weather has been a little bit brighter.
Unfortunately it's still cold but that's winter for ya!
Recent Must Haves: A hot mug (mug not cup because mug = bigger) of tea, coffee or a chai latte. This is directly linked with the cooler temperatures as girl needs internal heat :P
Frothy coffees are extra delicious, too!
Recent Discovery: If you put ice sticks inside your warm and fluffy socks it makes the perfect ice pack for your achilles tendon. Yup, I'm still dealing with achilles tendonitis but after some acupuncture yesterday and a week of rest it's slowly starting to feel better! Slow and steady wins the race.
Recent Instagramming: I've joined the lovely Morgan on her #JuneSpotlight Instagram challenge which is giving me some much needed instaspiration (that's a word now, I'm claiming it!). Yesterday's prompt was #gift and I shared one of my favourite gifts - a set of jewellery boxes which Jesse bought for me that have "Just because" "I love you" engraved on the top.
Recent Laughs: Poor Trixie was terrorised by a bored Jesse this past weekend. I was stuck on the couch resting my achilles and so we decided to call it a couch day and catch up on our favourite tv shows.
Trixie joined us, however, was soon harrassed by Jesse who decided to fashion a mowhawk and call her "Pickius Sparticus" (because apparently she looked like a spartan? and we tend to call Trixie "picky" instead of her actual name :P). She was not
Recently Wearing: All the cosy comfy clothes + slippers. I'm pretty much living in leggings at the moment as it's not only what I wear around the house or when I'm working from the office - I've been wearing them under my jeans too for extra warmth :P
Recently Awwwwww's: This is how the puppies like to spend their winter mornings; snuggled up on the lounge, wrapped in blankies :P
Recently Eating: On our dinner table this week were a wholeeeeeeee lot of SIL faves!
- Friday was #FridayFakeout and our kitchen turned into a wannabe Asian restaurant with our Easy Healthy Homemade Fried Rice Recipe, served up with steamed veggies and a side of honey soy grilled chicken for the man who can never have enough meat :P
- Saturday was cold and I wanted comfort food so our Healthy Cheesy Chicken and Mushroom Rice Bake Recipe was on the menu. Simple, healthy and delicious!
- Sunday I experimented with something new - meatballs in a creamy mushroom sauce, served up with mashed potato and steamed veggies. This was SO good so I really need to share the recipe with you ASAP!
- Monday night's dinner was made with the intention of leftovers (which never happens as I generally hate leftovers) as I knew we had a busy week ahead. I made our Healthy Asian Chicken Burgers Recipe (taking out the lime and chilli paste for me) and doubled the batch so we had plenty for warm lunches during the week!
- Tuesday was TACO TUESDAY and we had our Healthy Taco Spaghetti Recipe
I once joked to Jesse that I should come up with 52 taco inspired recipes so I could eat something different every single taco tuesday and he told me there's no way I could come up with that many. Umm, hello red flag to a bull?
I'm a girl who LOVES a challenge so I decided that I wanted to make a taco tuesday eBook (because girl doesn't have a publisher - one day, my friends, one day) filled with a bunch of twists on boring ol' tacos. And when I say twists, I mean I want to come up with a HEAP of recipes that take taco meat and turn it into something extraordinary - not just 52 different taco recipes (because fish tacos, chicken tacos, beef tacos = BORING to me!).
What do you think? Is a Taco Tuesday Cookbook something you'd like?
- Wednesday night was the State of Origin (a football game... don't ask me what kind of football type as I wouldn't have the slightest clue - there's big beefy men in tighty whitey shorts and a ball and it's boring and that's all I need to know) so Dad and Jesse decided that they'd order pizza for dinner and watch the game on the big screen.
What does that mean for coeliac girl? TUNA PASTA!!!! Anytime I'm not cooking for Jesse, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm making my favourite Healthy Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe because whilst Jesse likes it, he doesn't love tuna as much as I do.
- Thursday night I made our Healthy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe with my nomato sauce because I'd just made up a new batch! (we seriously go through 1-2 batches a week and that's with me eating 99% of it :P)
But tell me, how has your week been?
What's the best thing you've eaten recently?
And are you an anniversary celebrator?