It's the 15th of December and I have officially made a grand total of zero batches of Christmas cookies.
Zip, zero, zilch, nada.
Why? Because it's really ridiculously hot in Sydney right now.
Usually I don't mind but lately I feel like every spare second I've had free to bake Christmas cookies has been on a day where it's way too hot to even think about turning the oven on.
Luckily I've been spending those days making no bake treats instead. These no bake bites can be as festive or unfestive as you like. I photographed the regular version so you can enjoy them all year round - but I made a batch with crushed candy canes mixed through and they were the perfect healthy holiday treat.
They're minty and delicious and so easy to make - not to mention paleo and vegan too!
So let me share the recipe with you! >>
No Bake Mint Chocolate Bites
makes 10 bites that are gluten free, grain free, nut free, paleo,
vegan, soy free, sugar free, low fat and clean eating friendly!
1 cup (170g) pitted dates (dried or fresh)
1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup (60g) coconut flour
1/2-1 tsp mint extract (taste and see how much you need)
Pinch of salt
Optional: 1-2 candy canes
- In a food processor, add your dates and process until chopped.
- Add your applesauce, coconut flour, 1/2 tsp mint extract and a pinch of salt and process until combined.
- Taste your mixture and, if needed, add some extra mint extract. If desired, add a few chopped candy canes through your mix for a festive treat!
- Once your mixture begins to clump together. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto a tray or into a container.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge before eating.
- These bites will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week - or can be frozen to defrost and enjoy whenever you want them.
But tell me, what's the weather like in your part of the world?
And what's your favourite Christmas treat?
Oh and don't worry, it's cooler today and this girl is getting her BAKE ON!!!!!!!!!! (Not to be mistaken for bacon 😜)