Hey my sweetnesses! It's Friday again! We don't have Ignite once again this week so I am so ready for a relaxing night with my hubby (who was away yesterday and last night working in Canberra) before we get back into our youth group leading routine next week. I love being a youth leader - but it's also so nice to have a Friday night to ourselves for once!
This week has been busy busy and lots has been happening so let's jump right into it, shall we?!
Recent Entertainment: On Wednesday Night, Jesse and I were lucky enough to be invited to the opening night of The Rocky Horror Show at the Lyric Theatre. And it was SO so good!
The show stars Craig McLachlan (who you might now as Henry Ramsay from Neighbours or Steve Wilson on Packed to the Rafters) as Frank N Furter and good ol' Bert Newton as the narrator (who was definitely a crowd fave) and every single cast member was brilliant! You can check out the videos and get more info on tickets/show dates etc here and I highly recommend doing that if you're a Rocky Horror fan!
Recent Obsession: Protein pancakes have been featuring regularly in the SIL house this week! I've got a couple of different recipes I need to share with you soon that are protein packed and seriously delicious! In fact, so delicious that I've been eating them for lunch so I can have two breakfasts a day haha :P
Recent Discovery: Well, not really recent - but it will be a recent discovery for you! I was finding that whenever I made almond milk lattes or pu almond milk in my coffees at home the milk would split and it was driving me crazy. It didn't change the taste but it looked awful so I was on a mission to find a solution.
One day I had a crazy idea to blend the coffee and hot milk instead and it was the perfect solution. I just heat up the milk in the microwave or on the stove, pop it into my magic bullet cup with the coffee and blend away. It makes it super frothy and creamy and seriously delicious.
And that's why our magic bullet bits are always in the dishwasher :P
Recent Thankfulness: Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to fill out our little questionnaire from yesterday. We want to know what YOU want to see on Southern In-Law and so we put together a couple of quick little questions and the answers are SO helpful!
If you haven't filled it out already, please do here! You don't need to sign up or go to a weird app or web page because the questions are right there in the post. It's also completely anonymous and you don't need to add your email address etc.
Recent Eats: Here's a quick look at what's been on our dinner table this week. As you can tell from our lack of Instagram photos this week, I am hating the fact that it's dark at dinner time because it makes for awful food photos :P
- Saturday: Healthy Sticky Peanut Stir Fry
- Sunday: Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta (which I need to share the recipe for as it's ridiculously amazing and something I came up with on a we-don't-have-anything-in-the-house-to-cook-with whim)
- Monday: Lightened Up Creamy Three Ingredient Mac and Cheese with Grilled Chicken and Veggies
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday! Which was actually burritos as I remembered to buy GF wraps! We're now calling Taco Tuesdays Mexican Martes (tuesday in spanish) so we can have some sort of mexican cuisine that isn't necessarily tacos (though Jesse would eat tacos 24/7 if he could :P)
- Wednesday: Homemade Healthy Chicken Nuggets with Veggies and Roasted Kipfler Potatoes
- Thursday: I was home on my own for dinner last night so I whipped up some Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
- Tonight: Who knows! I want to make something yummy for dinner for Jesse since he was away from home last night but it will probably depend on how he's feeling and when he gets home!
Recent Plans: This weekend we're thinking of checking another item off our "bucket list" and going apple picking! At the moment it looks like Jesse and I will be going alone but I'm trying to get the rest of the family to join us for a day out :P
Jesse's also challenged me to have a "switched off" weekend - ie: not using the internet or social media whatsoever. It'll definitely be a challenge - but don't worry, he's given me an hour so I can still put up a blog post, ha! :P
We're also giving away five double passes to the Sydney Good Food and Wine Show which is on from the 7-9th of August.
But tell me, how has your week been?
What's the best thing you've eaten?
And have you ever been apple picking?