We love having barbeques with friends, however, when you have week after week of catch-ups with different friends it's easy to get sick of boring old sausages, steaks and plain burger patties.
We're on a mission with our friends at Chang's to liven up your summer barbeques with some fresh, healthy, Asian inspired dishes that are sure to impress! First, I shared a recipe with you for our Asian Noodle Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing which is the perfect side - but today I want to share a delicious burger recipe with you.
Forget your boring old plain beef burger patties, these Asian Inspired Chicken Burgers are full of flavour and can be enjoyed in a variety of different ways.
With Asian flavours like soy sauce, fish sauce, thai chilli paste and coriander, you'll find yourself in love with these burgers from the very first bite.
As they are so versatile, you also have the opportunity to get creative!
We've served these up to friends in a variety of ways - from a banh mi style burger with mayonnaise and fresh coriander to the pictured version, served in a lettuce cup and topped with an Asian inspired slaw - and if you happen to have any leftovers, serve them up for dinner over rice noodles or steamed rice for something different and delicious.
But however you serve it, this is one burger recipe that is super versatile and so easy to make.
But let me share the recipe with you! >>
Asian Inspired Chicken Burgers with an Asian Slaw
makes 4-6 burgers, depending on how big you want your patties!
low fat, gluten free, clean eating friendly, egg free, dairy free
For the Asian Inspired Chicken Burger Patties:
200g chicken breast mince
1/2 lime, juiced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
1 tsp Chang's fish sauce
1 tsp thai chilli paste
1/2 cup cooked quinoa, cooled* (~1/4 cup raw, cooked according to package directions - see notes for alternatives)1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger (optional)
- Line a medium sized airtight container with baking paper and tear off an extra sheet of the same size.
- Combine all of your ingredients for your chicken patties in a mixing bowl, mixing until all of your ingredients are mixed together.
- Gently form into patties and place into your container, using the baking paper to separate each layer. If you're having trouble forming your patties, try using slightly wet hands (or add a little bit of gluten free flour if they're too wet).
- Chill your patties in the fridge for ~1/2 an hour to firm up.
- Grill your patties for ~2 minutes a side or until your patties are cooked through.
*If you don't like quinoa, feel free to use ~1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs instead.
For the Asian Style Slaw Topping:
Finely shredded purple and white cabbage
Finely shredded/julienned carrot
1 tsp Chang's sesame oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients and serve on top of your burgers.
For our Asian Inspired Mayonnaise:
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 small lime, juiced
2 tsp Chang's fish sauce
1/2 tsp thai chilli paste (optional)
- Mix together all of your mayonnaise ingredients and serve on top of your burgers (this mayonnaise works for just about anyway you'd like to serve the burgers - in lettuce cups, on rice, in a crusty bread roll etc).
Visit www.changs.com for their complete range and more delicious Asian Inspired Recipes!
But tell me, what would be on your ultimate burger?