This time last week I shared a deeeeelicious Healthy Baked Donut Recipe with you that was also grain free and refined sugar free - and I promised I'd be sharing different toppings and ideas for your donuts over the coming weeks.
Since posting I have received so many emails, comments, messages and Instagram tags from you all who have made the donuts for yourselves - meaning that I then had donut cravings myself and whipped up batch after batch.
But that's definitely not a bad thing;
1. Because it means I get delicious donuts
2. Because it means I have an awesome healthy donut glaze recipe to share with you today!
I thought these donuts were incredible before - but when I smothered them in this two ingredient chocolate glaze, I realised that was only the beginning of their deliciousness.
The donuts themselves have just four ingredients and this glaze uses just two more, however, whilst it's ridiculously simple it is soooooooooooo delicious that you'd never know! I won't blame you if you quadruple the recipe and eat it with a spoon either, it's that good.
So let me share the recipe with you >>
Healthy Chocolate Glazed Baked Donuts makes 8-10
low fat, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, clean eating friendly
For the Donuts:
Follow our Healthy Grain Free Baked Donuts Recipe and allow to cool for 15 minutes before adding your glaze.
For the Glaze: (Feel free to double or triple for more glaze!)
2 tsp (10g) gluten free unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp (40-60 ml) maple syrup
Optional: pinch of salt
- Mix all of your glaze ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Taste and add any additional maple syrup if desired.
- Dip your donuts into the glaze, twisting them once in the bowl to ensure the entire top is covered.
- If desired (for a thicker coating), dip all of your donuts into the glaze a second time.
- Devour ASAP! The donuts will also keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days. I find they're best stored unglazed and glazed just before you want to eat them, however, we've also left them in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days and they were fine! (We store the unglazed donuts at room temp)
But tell me, what's your favourite kind of donut?
And do you write doughnut or donut? I never really know what's right!